Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Magnetic Stand, last year's Christmas project

Last December John and I spent a week making 12 of these nifty little guys to give as gifts to family and friends. 
Aren't they cute?   
We followed the tutorial here on Shanty2Chic, which has become one of my favorite crafting blogs.  We followed pretty much EXACTLY what she did and found everything to be fairly easy except the part where you cut the roofing tin... which was a little more involved than just measuring and cutting.  (Check out the tutorial to see what I mean.) 

I sent many of them out with a recipe card attached so you could use it in your kitchen as a recipe holder, but I have been using ours as a photo display. 
One of my friends attached a monogram letter to the center and has it displayed in her living area, and another has used it to display some inspiration she found in a magazine.  So many GREAT ideas!   
A friend and I made another similar project from the Shanty2Chic blog, which I will be sharing another day. 

2 comments:

  1. I loved mine, Thanks! I too have a photo on mine! I love the versatility! Thanks Bestie!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...