Wednesday, November 3, 2010

iLoveToCreate: Poodle Skirt Sequins Application


The mission was to complete the poodle skirt in time for Halloween :)  I opted for the brilliant plan of making my girls poodle skirts this year for their costumes.  Not a bad idea, except that I don't know much about sewing clothing or following a sewing pattern.  Thankfully, I have friends that lent me their knowledge and moral support and helped me me complete the skirts.  I am looking forward to my next sewing project, it isn't as tough as it looks :)

So, I had the skirts done.  I found a poodle applique.  I got 1-1/2 yards each of sequin trim from the fabric store.  And I got out my bottle of Aleene's Fabric Fusion Permanent Dry Cleanable Fabric Adhesive.

I ironed on the poodle applique, then strung the sequins out in a way I liked.  I made a line of Fabric Adhesive exactly where I wanted the sequins to go. 


I found it best to work in sections, carefully applying the sequins.  I let it dry for a few hours.

And, here they are being put to use!  I do have to say, the Fabric Fusion is pretty strong stuff, and I like that it is clear and hides the areas where I added just a bit too much glue.  ;)  I am pretty sure that sequins is not going anywhere!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...