Monday, February 7, 2011

Felt Rosette Ball | Valentine's Day Decor


I was very inspired by the Valentine's Day Heart Wreath from The Idea Room.  She does a great tutorial on the process and there is another great tutorial at Design Sponge

I was not quite up to trying an entire wreath, but I did think I could handle covering a ball, and I am so glad I did!  It is one of those little decorative items that makes a BIG impact :)

All you need is:
  • Felt (1/2- yard, $4.99/yard at JoAnn's)
  • Styrafoam ball, I think it was 4 inches, about the size of an orange
  • Flat-head pins, the long ones if you have a choice
  • Scissors
  • Something to trace a 3-inch circle (I used a kids cup)
Process: I would be a good idea to follow the tutorials I have linked to above...
  • Cut a TON of felt circles, I used the whole 1/2-yard of felt
  • Fold each cirlce in half, and then half again creating a pie piece
  • Push a pin through the point of the felt and into the styrafoam
  • Repeat (about 100 times) until you no longer see any of the styrafoam


I think I might go for the full wreath next.  Maybe in a nice bright spring color?

1 comment:

  1. I have the perfect container for this project! We've had a bowl as a wedding gift and haven't had the foggiest idea what to use it for these past 3 1/2 years. Thank you for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...